Friday 15 February 2008

Happy Valentine's Day - Behind the story

Today is 14 February 2008. Most of the young couple will celebrate this day as the lover day. But do we know the story behind this day. I will share the story I found about the Valentine's Day.

" Saint Valentine (priest) is said to have lived in Rome during the third century. That was a long time ago. During this time Rome was ruled by an emperor named Claudius. Many people did not like the ruler.

Claudius was having trouble getting men to serve in his army. He felt many men would not volunteer to join because they did not want to leave their wives and families. He thought that if men were not married, they would join the army. So Claudius passed a new law which did not allow any more marriages. Most people thought this law was cruel. Valentine, who was a minister, did not support the new law.

Even after Emperor Claudius passed the law, he kept performing marriage ceremonies secretly. One night he was caught and thrown in jail and told he would be put to death.

Many young people came to visit Valentine. One was the daughter of the prison guard. On the day of his death Valentine wrote a note to the daughter signed "Love from your Valentine". This was on February 14, 269 A. D.

Some say this started the custom of exchanging love messages on Valentine's Day."


So, as a muslim why do we celebrate the day, this is not our culture and young people please stop remembering this day to your couple. Ask them to give you flowers or gifts other day than today. Unless today is your birthday :). Credit for you to get really nice flowers on the day.


Okay, I think enough talking about Valentine's Day. I would like to share with you the menu for our dinner tonight. I did chatted to my angah early this morning asking her what she want to cook today. She told me she plan to prepare the sticky rice. After that my friend Ifah in JB also mention that she cooked sticky rice after browse my blog last time in my "Friendster".

So, I get the idea what is the menu for today. Pulut kuning and daging goreng. I just prepare for small portion because Sam doesn't eat pulut. Iqbal lagi la tak sentuh. And for Sam I boiled the rice for him. Makan sama itu daging ler. Taraa......ini lah hasilnya....Macam kenduri kawin la plak. Ada sesiapa want the resepi please contact me. Ahaks ada ker.........

No comments: